Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving

This week was pretty good as usual. Lots of funny experiences. For instance, on Monday we visited on of my all time favorite families, and the mom started on this super random rant about something, and after like 4 or 5 minutes, I was beyond lost. But of course, I smile and nod, oh I sees and what nots, and of course she goes "understand?" And I go "yep. Uh huh." And she goes "what'd I say?" And I go and kill myself. Just kidding. But seriously. That is like, every missionaries nightmare. And so ya. Key to success, when pretending to understand,
don't look confused as all get out. On other news, my poker face won me the national poker competition. So that's cool.

Other than that, this week was a pretty typical week! Visited lots of families and had a good lesson with B. He's a funny guy. He came to church, and almost killed himself leaning back in a chair. It was hilarious. I also blessed the sacrament, which was super cool. Also, I've decided I've lived in Texas for too long. Why? I'm starting to really enjoy hot dogs. They have these things here called kolaches, and it's basically pigs in a blanket times infinity. It makes me cry tears of straight fat when I eat them they're so delicious. Also, on Wednesday, we were going to an appointment and boom. Got stuck behind a train that was moving slower than tar, and then, eventually came to
a complete stop 30 feet from the end passing us. It was the worst luck. And with a line of Texan drivers behind, in front, and to the side of us, we were stuck. So. Of course, I decided to lighten the mood by teaching elder h the ever so popular game of "name the forehead." That passed the time. Lemme tell you.

Now. Thanksgiving. We went to this families home, their name is the M. and they're awesome. Anyway. Their 90 million year old grandpa was there, and of course, they go where should we set grandpa?? By the missionaries! Excellent! So we talked to grandpa M., and listened to his awesome stories about how FDR was the worst president ever, and other things that made the night, that I should not necessarily repeat. It was hilarious. And I guess they liked us. Because they invited us back on Friday for a "second thanksgiving" sort of thing. And then we had a "third thanksgiving" on Saturday with some members. In other words, Texas did not disappoint. Hobbits have second breakfast, Texans have second thanksgiving dinners.

Love y'all! Hope you're all doing well, and that thanksgiving was great for all of you, as well!

Love,

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment