Monday, November 23, 2015

Serving like Ammon. . .

As the subject implies, I cut off a ton of arms this week. Really wish people would stop stealing my sheep. Is that too much to ask??

Oh, also, leading up to the arm cutting, we had service projects EVER DAY this week except Sunday.  

Saving Smiles with Puppet


Did Saving smiles 3 more days, and were usually only informed that we were needed there like at 9 the night before. Awesome. But it was again, an awesome experience. We made best friends with our teacher guy named Enrique, who was straight up an animal. So funny and cool. Seeds were definitely planted in him, and
many others. We also served thanksgiving dinner at a nursing home! We have a deaf member that lives there so we volunteered for their thanksgiving thing, and it was so fun. Me and Mary, that's the members name, chatted for awhile, and it turns out she loves Michael Jackson. Deaf people are full of surprises.:)

Digging a Sewer--Ewww!

The last service project was digging a massive sewer hole for this super amazing nonmember who lives on a ranch and is getting up there in years, so that was an adventure. We had to cut the pipe pretty early on, so a majority of
the digging was with soaked mud that weighed a ton, and smelled like, well... So after a 6 cube hole, my arm was basically dead. So of course the next day would be the day I gave my talk in sacrament meeting! It went super well. Very odd to have someone speak everything you sign though. Throws you off like crazy. But it was good fun!
Talked on happiness, and gods plan for us, and it was cool to bare my testimony and feel the difference from when I bore my testimony my first week here! Lord works miracles!

Had many good lessons with families and with Brayden. Also. Heard Elder Packer, President Packers son, speak Sunday! And interpreted for Boekweg for a solid hour! Aka he missed about an hour of what was said... Poor chap. Just kidding. I think I did a good job! And if not, the Holy Ghost has me covered!

Anyway. Love y'all.

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment