Friday, August 28, 2015

Ain't no mountain high enough

What a week! so much has happened.

First off. We committed Jake to baptism!!! using nothing but our supreme talent in charades and drawing. which you all know i am complete garbage at both, so in other words, the spirit is incredible. Truly. One major thing I've learned in the MTC is that depending on your own mastery of the language will get you nowhere. It's all in the spirit, and how you invite that to influence the lesson. Ah. So incredible!

Yesterday, we had our in field orientation, which was 8 hours of great lessons! but. 8 hours. Phew. it was a doozy! But, well worth it. And, as no surprise to any of you, I'm sure, a couple teachers started talking to my district, found out we were ASL, and exclaimed "Holy moly! you are the loudest ASL group we've ever seen!" I'm pretty sure deaf days and things just make me talk more on days we're allowed to talk. So be prepared when I get home, because i just may never stop after 2 years!

Now, as my MTC time draws to a close, I want to acknowledge a couple things. The Lord is real. To all those reading, I promise you, He is. In these last 6 weeks, I've seen nothing short of miracles. I've witnessed and given blessings, and experienced the holy ghost directing my words in ways I've never experienced. I've watched myself and my district grow in the gospel, as friends, and in ASL in ways that would not be possible in any other place among any other people. 

I want to bear you my testimony, that I know through the power of God, we can be made strong in things we've always considered our weaknesses. However, never, at anytime, has this transformation been easy. Just like when strengthening your physical body, it's gonna hurt. I can't help but think of Cross Country, running miles and miles further than you thought because you have a coach or friend that believes you can, and knows it'll help you. Well, the Gospel is no different. We must work, we must never give up, and we must always strive to go further than we ever thought we could. Why? because we have a Heavenly Father who has promised us we can, and has promised after, we will be stronger. I know if we put our faith in that promise, we'll be able to conquer any mountain. any obstacle. any trial. I know this church is true, and that the Lord has blessed my with my time in this amazing place to strengthen me. I love you all, and say this with the name of my savior Jesus Christ. amen.

Also, this'll be the last email for like, a week and a half because P-Days are all messed up. so talk to ya in 9 days!

Elder Roberts.







No comments:

Post a Comment