Monday, April 4, 2016

March 14, 2016

So, transfers have come and gone. I'm now companions with Elder Dean! He's awesome! One of the smartest people I've ever met. He just tells me random things he has stored in his brain for ages that blow me away. I wish I could think of a few examples, but he's awesome to have in lessons, because he knows the scriptures like nobodies business.

Also, at 10:15 last Monday, just before bed, the zone leaders send a text:
"oh. forgot to tell you, you're the new district leader, elder robert."

so basically people still can't get my last name right... AND I'M DISTRICT LEADER! dang. I did not expect that. it was super fun teaching district meeting though. but I can't help but feel super duper inadequate. I have some super stellar missionaries in my district who are awesome teachers, and great people.

Other than transfers, we set a baptismal date with N.! I can't remember if I've mentioned him before, but he's awesome, we've taught him 4 times, he's in 2nd Nephi chapter 20, and getting baptized April 9th! it's amazing! he was a bible referral, which means he was on the internet, saw one of the church's adds for free bibles, and ordered one. And typically bible referrals don't lead anywhere... most people forget they ordered one, or don't expect two young men in ties and name tags to accompany the Bible, so they bail. not N. though! He's incredible.

Loving life right now!:)

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment