Saturday, July 15, 2017

This is a song of Hope.

Jun 26 2017

Hey Howdy!

Well. This is President Mortensen's last week. Tomorrow is his last MLC. I cannot believe it. On Friday President Petersen will fly in, and there will be a couple hour time when the two titans will counsel, and then President Mortensen is off. Pretty stinking weird. President Peterson is going to be the man, though! I cannot wait to meet him!:)

This week, some of my closest friends from the mission went home. Pretty spooky. 17 of some of the best people I've ever met, and I started to realize just how incredible the Gospel is. How amazing it is that something as simple as faith can lead us to desire to become better, and more importantly, hope that it's possible. It's easy to want to be great, but greatness is won only by daily fighting in the trenches of life. The drudgery of daily deciding to put the mistakes of yesterday behind, and look forward to something better. This what faith really is. When Alma says that faith is "to hope for things which are not seen, which are true." When we follow him, this becomes so much more than hoping Christ is real. Faith doesn't mean we're crossing our fingers through life HOPING it's true and following blindly. It's the knowledge that Christ is truly the Son of God, and that helps us find hope that the daily battles, the inches won, and the miles lost in the conquest for righteousness really will end up being for our gain, and somehow one day, the war will be over and the victory won. I was able to see the byproduct of that kind of faith in these missionaries. Teenagers who became men of God by clinging to the knowledge they have that Christ will provide, and letting that fill their souls with hope equal to the task at hand. 

I'm so grateful for the Savior, and the hope he brings to me. I love being a missionary more than anything, and cherish every moment I've been given to serve.

Love y'all!

Elder Roberts







No comments:

Post a Comment